Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Everything that has a beginning has an end



I just rewatched Matrix: Revolutions last night. It is still confusing and the end fight scene still delights me. Anyway, Agent Smith (perfectly played by Hugo Weaving) had some nice lines.

Agent Smith:
Can you feel it closing in on you? Oh, I can. I really should thank you for it, after all. It was your life that taught me the purpose of all life. The purpose of life is to end.


(Neo persists)


Agent Smith:
Mr. Anderson, why? Why? Why do you do it? Why? Why get up? Why keep fighting? You believe you're fighting for something... for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom or truth or, perhaps, peace; could it be love? Delusions, Mr. Anderson; vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose; and all of them as artificial as the Matrix, itself. Although, only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cosd said...

Amen!

I like the line in the first one, something like: "Humanity is a virus... And we are the cure."

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's your love: Serotonergic, dopaminergic, and norepinephric reactions in a complex but imperfect bio-machine.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home