Sunday, May 08, 2005

Moods

I find moods interesting. Well, when I'm not in a bad one I find them interesting. One's outlook on their life and the world can shift quite dramatically simply with the passage of time or other factors. Currently, I'm sick and have been sleeping even worse than usual, so I wasn't so happy most of the day. Now, I feel clearer. Knowing a bit of psyc, I think about how a negative (or positive) mental state will tend to activate negative (or positive) thoughts or perspectives. The key is to somehow make the shift. That is much easier done intellectually than viscerally. Below are two songs I was thinking about at different times of the day. Ah, the illogical disposition of those in the Western world to tend to extrapolate the future from the present assuming things will be consistent. Ideally, I would have the Eastern concept of balance when I'm in a bad mood, and the Western one when I'm in a good mood. If you have any tips on how to do this, please pass them along. As this is more of rambling post, this is a good a time as any to end it.

"I walk alone and I
I ride alone and I
I rock myself to sleep"
- MG

"Give a little bit
Give a little bit of your love to me"
- Supertramp

(oh, and here is a nice story for bedtime)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home