Friday, September 02, 2005

Another difference?

CommonDreams had this article about the aftermath of Katrina.

"I am absolutely disgusted. After the tsunami our people, even the ones who lost everything, wanted to help the others who were suffering," Sajeewa Chinthaka, 36, as he watched a cricket match in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

"Not a single tourist caught in the tsunami was mugged. Now with all this happening in the U.S. we can easily see where the civilized part of the world's population is."

(As for the validity, I'll have to look into crime stats more thoroughly, but I only found stuff related to false charities)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cosd said...

Indeed... what's that old saying about the preacher's daughter? (or son for that matter).

Personally, I try not delude myself with the idea of being civilized in times of disaster... I embrace that I'll be the first on the roof with a shotgun...

... just kidding... ...I hope!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home