Sunday, May 21, 2006

Some closure for Darren

In a 24 hour period that began last Wednesday afternoon, I

...handed in my thesis to my committee. This means I can finally relax for awhile before I have to defend in June. It'll be wonderful.

... finished Life's Solution by Simon Conway Morris. I was reading this book for a evolution study group to which I belong. Overall it might have been worth it, but large parts read like a textbook, an uninteresting textbook. Additionally, the last chapter revealed some poor argumentation and his religious biases.

...finished All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren. It was a fantastic book. It was mostly about corruption and politics, but like any good book, it was about everything. I highly recommend.

...watched the final episode of West Wing and the season finale of Scrubs. West Wing isn't what it used to be, nor is Scrubs as funny as it used to be. So it goes in tv land.

Obviously, the importance of the 'closure' decreases as the list continues, but it's nice to have all those things wrapped up. On to new things, but not too intensely. I'll actually try to relax. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home