Sunday, November 05, 2006

Is Dawkins Drooling?

Recently, Reverend Ted Haggard has been fired from the New Life Church for "sexually immoral conduct." Yet again, a high-profile opponent of gay marriage has had homosexual relations. My reaction came as a shocked laugh, as it often is when I learn of vast hypocrisy.

Additionally, given that Haggard previously talked/debated with Dawkins in Dawkins' documentary The Root of All Evil, I thought, "Dawkins must be delighted!"
I've previously mentioned that the documentary could have been better and Dawkins could have presented himself better, but in this clip you can observe the arrogance/condescension of Haggard (the very thing of which he accuses Dawkins).

Given that so many are in pain in this world, I usually don't give jackasses much sympathy. Yet, my second (and third) thoughts on the issue were ones of concern and compassion. IF Haggard is truly 'warring' against himself because of this 'repulsive' part of his life, then he has lived a very pitiful existence. I feel sorry for him and wish him peace.

ps: No, I'm not obsessed with Dawkins, it just so happens there are many news items related to him.
pps: When I watch the clip, I still think Haggard sounds a bit like Travolta.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap. I can't believe he calls Dawkins arrogant. Does he have no idea who Dawkins is?

8:08 AM  
Blogger mush said...

I liked Haggard's comment, "...your grandchildren might listen to the tape of you saying that and laugh at you."

Dawkins: "You want to bet?"

hahaha.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home