Monday, December 01, 2008

Five Minds for the Future by Howard Gardner

Concisely, meh. The book consists of a description of five minds Gardner believes we will need for the future (The Disciplined mind; Synthesizing mind; Creating mind; Respectful mind; and Ethical mind). Although his quintet is based on some research, the coverage seemed intuitive and based on common sense. Additionally, I didn’t find that there was much I could actually take away and use in my life. People should be more Disciplined and Ethical... okay, good idea *shrug*.

I think this book would be best for educators or managers who actually shape or select the types of minds/people in their environment. I also thought that some of the most important parts – critical windows in youth for increasing acceptance and tolerance – should have received even greater attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home