Sunday, December 05, 2010

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller

Narrative fantasies collide with harsh realities in this disheartening play about how terrible middle-class failure and familial conflict can be. Death of a Salesman is an aversive play about how a man has been worn down by his dreary job and unattained dreams. The play succeeds in presentation, but I don’t know if I would recommend it as it is disheartening. I listened to an audio presentation and sometimes I thought “there’s just so much yelling!”
The play seems to be about the difference between who we are and who we could be, either in our mind’s or the minds of others.
Only recommend for those who do not mind depressing plays or that just want to know what this famous work is all about (which was my motivation). 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home